PROJECT 8020 WATERPROOF BACKPACK
Whatever your next adventure, we have designed the perfect roll-top backpack to hit the road with you.
If it comes to protecting your gear when mountain hiking, navigating river rapids, fishing, or surfing, you will be grateful to have our dry backpack at hand.
The 8020 is fully submersible.
Waterproofing is achieved by radio frequency (RF) welding, a process that melts the layers of material together.
The proprietary material used is scratch and tear resistant even at low temperatures.
Designed with sustainable materials obtained from recycled plastic bottles, it is at the same time extremely lightweight, durable, and flexible thanks to the special TPU coating.
Its military-inspired minimal design, large inner pocket for laptop and accessories make it functional, suitable also for your daily urban activities, protecting your belongings in any weather conditions you may encounter.
Be among the first to get your hands on an 8020 by saving $50+ on retail price for a limited time.
- Dimensions: 47cm x 33cm x 17cm (18.5" x 13" x 6.7") rolled down
- Weight: 950g
- Material: 600D recycled PET (RPET) with two side TPU coating
- Capacity: 23L/28L (rolled down/rolled up)
- RF-welded seams for lasting integrity
- Breathable, padded back panel for comfort
- Adjustable, padded shoulder straps with sternum strap
- 2x Exterior zippered pocket with water-resistant TPU-coated fastening
- 1x multi-compartment inner pocket for notebooks up to 16", mobile
devices, and documents
- Roll-top closure with side-cinch and center webbing straps
- Side handle for comfortable hand carrying
- 2x front Molle strips
- We ship worldwide with tracking number and dispatch your order in the next 24 hours.
- Expected delivery time:
USA: 2-4 business days
International: 10-14 business days
- The shipping cost is $7.95.
Shipping is free if your order exceeds $100.
- ZERO RISK GUARANTEE: If you don't like the product, you have 15 days to return it for a full refund.
RECYCLED PLASTIC FABRIC
MAKE AN IMPACT
8 Reasons To Support The Project
Loved by Thousands
Now the backpacks can be yours without having to wait.
Thanks to the amount collected, we have been able to purchase stock and we now offer 24 hour dispatch.
Whether for urban or outdoor activities, will be your best friend when it comes to keeping water out.
It's completely waterproof, even if you submerge it. You can even use it to carry water or ice, thanks to its inner coating.
Our backpack meets the international IPX-5 waterproof rating.
Excellent flexibility at low temperatures – may be doubled up at -55°C without causing cracks.
Outstanding hydrolysis resistance, abrasion resistance, oil resistance, and aging resistance.
Every backpack is made recycling 25 plastic bottles.
Plastic bottles are turned into pellets and then into yarn and hyper-resistant fabric.
Additionally, the TPU coating of the backpack is biodegradable.
Pacifist Military Design
The 8020 is inspired by military dry backpacks and features the signature Expedition / Units print that defines its technical features.
The 8020 was born in the sign of functional minimalism. It is named after the famous 80/20 Pareto principle, according to which 20% of efforts produce 80% of results.
Therefore, we aimed to include the bare minimum features that would ensure maximum functionality and versatility..
Infrared welding is a process that merges the different layers of materials together, making them impenetrable.
Plastic for Rice
We collaborate with the Plastic Exchange association which is committed to changing the ecology of the island of Bali with what they call "edu-action".
People are encouraged to collect plastic, which is then collected by the association and recycled. In return these people receive rice, which is purchased from local farmers, bringing a rescue to the whole ecosystem with a circular economy.
If you want to learn more about the association, watch this explanatory video
Thanks to this project, we have already contributed directly to recycling more than 8 tons of plastic and donating 2 tons of rice.
From sea to mountains – ranging from an intense day of surfing to an adventure in the jungle during the rainy season.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I receive the backpack?We process and ship your order within 24 hours after your payment.
We ship worldwide with tracking number and an estimated delivery of 2-4 business days for the US, and 10-14 business days for the rest of the world.
Why crowdfunding?This project was born thanks to corwdfunding with a community of outdoor enthusiasts.
This allowed us us to minimize risks and make the project sustainable while guaranteeing a competitive price.
We think that many products on the market are overpriced.
We aim to ensure premium quality at a competitive price, and crowdfunding allowed us to do so.
We manufacture only what is required, without unnecessary waste of material.
Additionally, the limited number of products increases their value for buyers and creates a community of patrons who share the same interests and passions.
At the moment the crowdfunding campaign has ended with great success, this has allowed us to have more stock available but you can still buy with an early bird price.
We will ship your order in the next 24 hours.
Why should I trust you?We have already launched two successful campaigns, raising over $500,000 and sending over 6,000 backpacks to outdoor and functional gear enthusiasts who believed in us.Now you too can be part of our community and projects without having to wait a long time to receive your backpack.
We also offer you a zero risk guarantee.
If you don't like the product and you have 14 days to return it (we actually just don't accept returns from Australia due to high shipping fee).
What countries do you ship to?We offer worldwide tracked shipping in 10-14 days.
We process your order in 24 hours.
The shipping cost is $7.95.
Shipping is free if your order exceeds $100.
A Few Words From The Founder
There are 3 main reasons:
- Creating gear with an innovative and highly functional design for the most demanding outdoor activities, but at the same time perfect for use in the city and in everyday life.
- Empowering the community of people who see life as an adventure, daily growth and discovery. Not shy to pursue their individual path in life, no matter how off-the-beaten-track
This is for all the adventurers, explorers, travelers and digital nomads.
- Reeducing single-use plastic bottle pollution and bringing about real change in the world. By using recycled and environmentally sustainable materials and supporting the people who strive day after day to rid our planet of plastics and educate the younger generations to protect the environment.
If the above resonates with you, consider giving our products a try and becoming part of our collective journey.
FOUNDER OF EXPEDITION / UNITS